Dataton Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Cooling of the media drive could be an issue. When M.2 SSD get hot they throttle down. Also check whether you have turned off everything that is related to throttling down the cpu when the load is low. SpeedStep etc. HAP does not give much load and the computer might feel that it is in idle mode. You can test this by adding a H.264 in the background. This will keep the cpu more busy and the computer will not step down.
  3. I'm not a friend of consumer cards since they are usually outdated within weeks again and if something breaks you'll never be able to get the same graphic card again, but... The speed of the graphic cards is not the main factor for WATCHOUT anyway. Except for HAP codecs, the rendering is done on the CPU and the GPU is not used that much. On the other hand Tweens are handled by the GPU rather than the CPU. So if you mainly plan to play videos as they are you won't need the fastest GPU.
  4. Yesterday
  5. Last week
  6. Is the error coming from WATCHOUT? Is the laptop being used as the Producer or the display? Can you attach and image of the message you are getting? Keep the laptop clean of other programs (accept WATCHOUT) and follow the tweak list on all computers. The game you are trying to run could be the problem you are having.
  7. hi to all our pc config: asus ws x299 sage 7900x intel i9 32 gb ram wx 7100 graphics samsung 860 evo for OS win 10 1607 Enterprise LTSB and the update KB4057142. samsung 970 evo for Watchout 2 datapath capture card my problem is when i go online(only first time) there is error message like this of Stage Tier "Base" of StageList of Stage, 2019-07-19 21:58:08 Warning: Changed frequency from 60Hz to 59Hz. actualy everything works good after go online but every time when i go online i see this error message its annoying is there any way to solve this problem thanks...
  8. I'm getting this error "Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered." in the event viewer. I have a laptop(ASUS gl552jx, I7-4720HQ 2.6GHz, 8 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 950M, Intel HD Graphics 4600). I tried to reinstall the driver for the intel hd graphics but the error continues to appear. I noticed that something is wrong when I started Dota2 a couple of days ago, my game was stuck at 30 fps on full-screen, after the reinstall of the Intel HD Graphics it went up to 60fps but is still locked at 60 on full-screen(my game was running on 100-120fps last week) Does anyone know how to fix this? Should i try to reinstall Windows?(I'm running Windows 10 and I have a 256GB ssd from Samsung). This morning I got a bluescreen(Faulty_hardware_corrupted_page)
  9. So I ordered an MSI RTX 2080 graphics card and I was wondering if waiting for the super edition would be better.Keep in mind that unfortunately in my country, graphics cards don't follow the prices nvidia set.So when the super cards are released, they will be about 100$ more expensive. If they had the same price ofcourse i would cancel my order. So do you think the RTX 2080 Super will be worth the extra 100$ + the longer wait time?
  10. Hi we are getting smooth playback for 20 seconds and after that playback gets choppy. Does anybody has any idea where this would come from? our specs are: Asus Z370-A intel Core i7-8700k 16 GB DDR AMD Radeon Pro WX9100 SSD 250gb os Media drive ASUS PCIE NVME Thanks in advance!
  11. We've used Thunderbolt3 -> USB3 convertor with Magewell USB3 Capture Plus and it works nice
  12. Can you share how are you doing this?
  13. morning everyone. i found a problem here and want to know something. my mctrl660 is 50hz but in amd's control panel it shows 49.9974hz does it matter? wo can't set 49.9974hz it only support to set 49.99hz or 50hz.
  14. Has anyone here used a PCIe - Thunderbolt 3 external enclosure with a capture card for live capture? Looking at a datapath card with a sonnet or OWC enclosure. Thanks!
  15. Thomas always seemed like a rather sterling chap. Always helpful in his many contributions to this forum. I know his advice will be missed by the more silent members of this forum such as myself. Peace be the journey!
  16. Hi Everyone, WATCHOUT version 6.4.1 is now available for download! https://www.dataton.com/downloads/watchout Dataton WATCHOUT User's Guide (updated with keyboard shortcuts) Release notes: Dataton WATCHOUT® version 6.4.1 This version mainly contains fixes. Triggering a task in the display software, by setting an input variable, now works correctly. The remote upgrade now works on Dataton media servers that have a fixed IP address set in the startup script. Sending a "setInput" command to the display software, while it has no show running, will no longer cause a crash. Fixed multiple bugs related to multi-editing of displays. Fixed multiple bugs in the text editing dialog. Some changes could be done in the Task Window, without the user being prompted to save the show afterwards. This has been resolved. Fixed multiple bugs concerning playback of presplit images, which could result in a crash in the display software. Resolved an issue where the timecode format wasn’t changed to the selected value. The production software could crash if the selected timecode device was disconnected and timecode control was disabled. This has now been fixed. Fixed a crash bug that could occur when editing display masks. "Check Diagonal" in audio output channel assignment now works. Resolved a crash bug that could occur when a 3D model cue was copied and pasted. Fixed a potential crash bug that could occur when going online on a slow or busy network. The maximum number of decoding threads for H.264/AVC video has been limited to 8 to avoid running out of memory on servers with a high CPU core count. Happy Tuesday! Regards, Jacquie ______________________________Jacquie McHale SjödinCommunications OfficerDATATON AB
  17. The MP4 (H.264) format does not hold any information on transparency. Transcoding this to another format will not generate the extra byte needed for the transparency.
  18. MP4 (H.264) uses temporal and spatial compression and depending on the settings in the encoder can be compressed quite a lot. The back draw of this is that the CPU needs to buffer a lot of frames - even more if you compress B-frames as well - to recalculate the individual frames in real time. I've seen a 4K video compressed to less than 1 Mbit/s which then played back with 1-2 fps on a quite powerful server as a result. HAP is far less compressed and does not use any temporal compression to my knowledge.This makes it far easier for the server to render those files while the CPU is almost asleep. I'm not aware of any settings in ffmpeg to increase compression.
  19. Hi David Can you please lets us know if there's an update on the Watchpax 2 image for Audio Drivers support. If so, can you point me to the link to download it. Thanks
  20. In fact I have already used audio input with RTSP. But maybe that's not officially supported? Best, Benoit
  21. audio has no impact on synch in WATCHOUT.
  22. jfk

NDI Audio input

Seeing as WATCHOUT does not support audio input in any form, I would not get my hopes up.Seems it may be a major thing to add a feature which currently does no exist.
  23. Can we make a mp4 video transparent by converting to hap alpha using ffmpeg?
  24. Hi , am using ffmpeg now to convert any .mp4 videos .. to .hap ... but file size seems to be very high.. is there any way i can reduce the output file size by compressing? if yes pls let me know how the command needs to be?
  25. Hi Guys Will Watchout ever support audio inputs via NDI? It would make my life super easy, thanks in advance
  26. Earlier
  27. Hi all. Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but interestingly I am experiencing the same issue on Watchout 6.4. When importing a video file encoded as HAP or proRes with embedded audio it is identified as an audio file (just like above). When I attempt to play it (to see what happens) it throws the same error described (QuickTime error: -2095 ). If I strip out the audio it plays happily. The audio is stream is 0, the video stream 1. When I use ffmpeg to swap the streams around (video stream 0, audio stream 1) it does recognise it as a video and play the video component but no audio (interestingly, it can see there's audio there as it has the Output Channel Assignment tab visible on this video. Does anyone know if the issue discussed above is a bug? I don't really have any problems with stripping audio into a different file, just on other some playback platforms I've used (QLAB) it is pretty crucial that the video has an embedded audio file to prevent sync drift between clips, so it's more a force of habit.
  28. Thanks, yep that's my go-to tool on the mac, nice and simple and works well! Would be nice if it just tied into FCPX though haha!
  29. I don't know whether it works on your OS-X version but I've installed AVF Batch Converter on my OS-X 10.10 and it exports all the formats I usually need including chunks for HAP files.
  1. Load more activity