Dataton Forum
bgarrett

Watchout with Lightware DVI-HDCP-TPS-TX210

Hello,

I am getting ready to purchase four Panasonic RW630 laser projectors. I am planning on sending HDbaseT to the projectors through the Lightware DVI-HDCP-TPS-TX210. I own a ShowSage ShowServer Core R4 server with an AMD Firepro W5100. Has anyone used the Lightware DVI-HDCP-TPS-TX210 HDbaseT extender with Watchout? After talking with Lightware I felt the DVI-HDCP-TPS-TX210 looked like a great solution. It has advanced EDID configuration and is powered off its own power supply and not the graphics card. I wouldn't need an additional EDID emulator. I will also be sending either PJ Link for RS232 commands to the projectors for powering on/off and shuttering. If anyone has experience with this equipment I would greatly appreciate your opinion. I would rather find out now instead of during load in.

Thanks,

Brent

Does anyone have any experience with Lightware products mentioned above and HDbaseT in live productions. I am getting ready to purchase the gear and sure could use the advice.

I would stay away from HDbaseT. It will work 90% of the time. Seen shows go bad running HDbaseT due to interference from radios an bad cabeling. Might work ok in an permanent installation. I always use DVI fiber and a DVI matrix.