Jump to content
Dataton Forum
Vollmers

String Cue limitations?

Recommended Posts

I'm facing some weird issues, regarding triggering things randomly. I have a very complex Tv Studio show, and to get a better overview, I started to use String Cue commands, instead of having enormous amounts of Control Cue elements in one AUX timeline. I'm not gonna get into details, but basicly I send all the commands below, from one single String Cue, and it works fine. But now and the the systems seems to behave like it gets random commands, when triggering String Cue's, like this one. Are there any known limitations regarding the number of commands, and/or should I put a slight time delay, between each command?

 

Best regards Christian

 

run "THEME_BG1"$0D
run "THEME_BG2$0D
run "THEME_BG3"$0D
run "THEME_BG4"$0D
run "THEME_BG5"$0D
run "THEME_BG6"$0D
run "THEME_BG7"$0D
run "THEME_BG8"$0D
run "THEME_BG9"$0D
run "THEME_BG10"$0D
run "THEME_BG11"$0D
run "THEME_BG12"$0D
run "THEME_BG12"$0D
run "THEME_BG13"$0D
run "THEME_BG14"$0D
run "THEME_BG15"$0D
run "THEME_BG16"$0D
run "THEME_BG17"$0D
run "THEME_BG18"$0D
run "THEME_BG19"$0D
run "THEME_BG20"$0D
run "THEME_BG21"$0D
run "THEME_BG22"$0D
run "THEME_BG23"$0D
run "THEME_BG24"$0D
run "THEME_BG25"$0D
run "THEME_BG26"$0D
run "THEME_BG27"$0D
run "THEME_BG28"$0D
run "THEME_BG29"$0D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have seen the same problem with custom scripts if you don't put a timer on it. It seems to be unable to parse the commands fast enough and instead of just failing to parse it fails and sometimes selects one randomly.

 

As for output cues in Watchout, one thing is when I use long string commands I only put a single $0D at the very end of entire list on a new line and have had no issues but I do try and break things up into smaller batches than what you have above.

 

I haven't had any problems with this approach on long commands -

run "THEME_BG1"

run "THEME_BG2"

run "THEME_BG3"

run "THEME_BG4"

$0D

 

If the "$0D" change doesn't help I would break that command list into two separate cues. Then if you need them to start at the same time you could have BG1-15 media start at something like .5 seconds and the others at .25 to account for the delay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...