4х4K Capture

Tim M

Hi Everyone, we have such case:

4 outputs 3840x2160 60Hz and 4 inputs 3840x2160 60Hz 

Hardware: X99, Intel i7 5930K, 16Gb DDR4, 2xSSD RAID0, WX7100

For capturing we want to use 

Datapath SC-HD4+ x2 (HDMI 1.4)

or

Magewell Pro Capture HDMI 4K Plus x4 (HDMI 2.0)

What are you thinking about simultaneous work of cards and latency time?

In the first place, BEFORE you buy, you should clear up an anomaly with Datapath re their Datapath SC-HD4+. The specs say Ch 1 & 2 support 3840x2160 at 60Hz, but the pdf fact sheet in the description write up states two channels support 3840x2160 at 30Hz.

In my own tests recently with a Philips UHD monitor, I could not get 60Hz with HDMI 1.4. Upped the DP-HDMI adapter to HDMI 2.0 and voila!...3840x2160 at 60Hz!!...and action video (a soccer match between Barcelona and Atletico Madrid obtained from the internet) was much much smoother.

Guest DavidA

On a Windows 7 machine you are limited, as Quim says, to 3x4K outputs. But on Windows 10 that is not a problem with the AMD drivers anymore. 

Thank you for your answers!

On 5/1/2018 at 9:12 PM, Thomas Leong said:

In the first place, BEFORE you buy, you should clear up an anomaly with Datapath re their Datapath SC-HD4+. The specs say Ch 1 & 2 support 3840x2160 at 60Hz, but the pdf fact sheet in the description write up states two channels support 3840x2160 at 30Hz.

In my own tests recently with a Philips UHD monitor, I could not get 60Hz with HDMI 1.4. Upped the DP-HDMI adapter to HDMI 2.0 and voila!...3840x2160 at 60Hz!!...and action video (a soccer match between Barcelona and Atletico Madrid obtained from the internet) was much much smoother.

Thanks, I asked Datapath's support, but in any case I tend to Magewell cards.

On 5/2/2018 at 1:54 PM, DavidA said:

On a Windows 7 machine you are limited, as Quim says, to 3x4K outputs. But on Windows 10 that is not a problem with the AMD drivers anymore. 

Yes, I know, thank you, David

In this case, I am most worried about the simultaneous work.

Hi!

Here is Datapath support answer about VisionSC-HD4+:

The VisionSC-HD4+ is HDMI 1.4 capable so according to this the maximum capture resolution would be 3840x2160@30

However, for Inputs 1&3 we have added support for 3840x2160@60 using reduced colour format only (Chroma subsampling YUV 420)

Any other ideas about 4x4K capture cards?

Well I would say if you can wait then go for the new Newtek HDMI 2.0 NDI converter box and buy 4 of them.

If you need something now go for the Decklink 8K which has 4 12G SDI Inputs and put a simple HDMI to 12 G converter in front of it.

For handling 4x4K inputs I wouldprefer a WX 9100 which give you a lot more overhead but I would give it a try first...