Jump to content
Dataton Forum

Reason for the Watchout software close in win 10 Ltsc


Recommended Posts

I have installed Watchout in a Pc whith Windows 10 enterprise ltsc. I do all tweak list steps, but after run the Watchout program, some times close the sesión, some times in production and some times in display, but only in win 10.  The servers whit win 7, don’t have that problems 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RBeddig said:

Have you check the log files of WATCHOUT or the logged events of Windows for a clue?

I don’t look the log files.  I can’t replay the issue. Some times the server work good a few days. And some days say ! To day I don’t work jeje and close the program .

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2021 at 6:09 PM, GeorgeT said:

I don’t look the log files.  I can’t replay the issue. Some times the server work good a few days. And some days say ! To day I don’t work jeje and close the program .

If you have an i9 processor, that is most likely the problem. Use i7 processors only.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Diego Marchente said:

If you have an i9 processor, that is most likely the problem. Use i7 processors only.

That seems an oversimplification. The i9 processor should not be any different than an i7 from a WATCHOUT perspective.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There can be hundreds of reasons why a server doesn't run stable or perform well. One of the reasons why WATCHPAX servers seem to be more expensive than self-built servers is the fact that the development of a stable system consumes months of manpower for testing and fine tuning.

The best starting point to check for issues are still log files. Windows log files and WATCHOUT log files. If you're not ready to check those I guess nobody will be able to help here.

Of course it can also be related to hardware and drivers. I've seen servers rebooting completely after 6-10 hours without any visible reason and without an entry in a log file. The reason back then was that the RAM modules, which were in fact specified in the QVL, were not compatible to each other. One RAM module worked but as soon as I ha d more than one in the server, it would crash after hours.

Link to post
Share on other sites

im having the same problem here, im using a desktop for production laptop and watchpax 60. Can anyone help please.

please see log below

Faulting application name: WATCHMAKER.exe, version: 6.6.7.0, time stamp: 0x61764850
Faulting module name: rthdasio.dll, version: 3.1.7.1, time stamp: 0x5fcdd502
Exception code: 0xc00000fd
Fault offset: 0x000193be
Faulting process id: 0xff0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7cf244c98a01d
Faulting application path: C:\WATCHOUT 6\WATCHMAKER.exe
Faulting module path: c:\windows\System32\rthdasio.dll
Report Id: 4cdf5959-d32a-47c6-b1b2-79069a95db8b
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Wakanda said:

im having the same problem here, im using a desktop for production laptop and watchpax 60. Can anyone help please.

please see log below

Faulting application name: WATCHMAKER.exe, version: 6.6.7.0, time stamp: 0x61764850
Faulting module name: rthdasio.dll, version: 3.1.7.1, time stamp: 0x5fcdd502
Exception code: 0xc00000fd
Fault offset: 0x000193be
Faulting process id: 0xff0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7cf244c98a01d
Faulting application path: C:\WATCHOUT 6\WATCHMAKER.exe
Faulting module path: c:\windows\System32\rthdasio.dll
Report Id: 4cdf5959-d32a-47c6-b1b2-79069a95db8b
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Again, the WATCHPAX 60 has nothing to do with the error shown. The error shown is a WATCHOUT Production error related to the motherboard audio coprocessor and its software. So the above suggestions all apply.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...