Dataton Forum

On 4/18/2019 at 5:47 PM, cowboyclint said:

Hi All,

Having gotten used to After Effects time jumping methods, I sure would love to have Watchout do the same thing.

In AE, I type minutes(decimal)seconds(decimal)frames. 01.01.10 and I go to 1 minute 1 second 10 frames.

If I could do the same thing in WO then I would never have to take my hand off the number pad after I type CNTRL J.

I know it wouldn't be frames, that's fine, I just don't want to move my hand to hit Shift ; all the time.

Please and Thank you.

Not sure how long this has been the case, but for a while now, you can type numbers only, leaving out the ":" and watchout will insert the colons.  So, <ctrl>-J | 0510.00 - will jump you to 5:10.00

On 7/1/2019 at 4:05 PM, matkeane said:

Hi Mike,

The problem I have encountered with compositions is that (sometimes) when media cues within a composition use a blend mode other than normal, the cues 'pop' on and off instead of fading smoothly

I would consider that a bug, to be dealt with separately. The method I suggest is the only one possible today, AFAIK. Although one could of course wish for a simpler method of doing this,

Mike

The abilitiy to use multiple graphics cards across the one motherboard rather than limited to one Eyefinity card. 2-output graphics cards are cheaper and less complicated (in determining which output is which and does away with dp and mdp adapters) than the Eyefinity stuff.

Recent forum posts about slow network transfers when dealing with large media files reminded me of this...

The ability to constrain which media gets pushed to which displays in Live Update mode would be useful in some cases. On the last couple of projects, I had two distinct sets of displays, with media created specifically for each area - content for the front screen will never be displayed on the back, and vice-versa. When I activate Live Update, so that I can tweak some effects in real-time, all media is pushed to all servers - resulting in a long wait while several hundred Gb of files is transferred to players which will never use that content. The only workaround seems to be to temporarily deactivate displays, but then the client only gets to see half the content update live, so it’s not really a solution in most cases.

Other media server software seems to manage this problem with named servers and string matching with media filenames so that, for example, a media file named ‘my_file_front.mov’ won’t be transferred to a server named ‘back’. It seems a bit of a clunky solution, but it does work. I wonder whether, in Watchout, it would be possible to exclude certain folders in the media window from selected stage Tiers… That way I could put all media files destined for the front screens in one folder, right click to bring up options for that folder, and select only the ‘front’ Tier to ensure media was never pushed to displays on other stage tiers.