Remote controlling cues over network

HouseofGusto

I need to control several Play/Pause cues on a timeline via network.

Triggering will be done by optical sensors which are connected to a PC and that PC will issue Pause commands over the network into the display server.

A timeline will have a number of different clips and I need to play them as the system triggered and eventually loop-back to the beginning. I am thinking of setting pause/play cues at each clip's beginning and activating them when a network string is received.

I know I need to make sure the port 3039 is reachable on the display server and I need to "authenticate 1". 

However, I don't know how to send Play/Pause command over the network. I could not find this anywhere including web, this forum and the latest 6.4.1 manual except for a list of control commands in Knowledge Base webpage.

I would highly appreciate a simple step-by-step example as a template for jumpstarting a rookie like me and others in similar situation 😊

Thank you.

6 hours ago, HouseofGusto said:

However, I don't know how to send Play/Pause command over the network. I could not find this anywhere including web, this forum and the latest 6.4.1 manual except for a list of control commands in Knowledge Base webpage.

Watchout User Guide 6.4.1 P.176 have list of commands.

run and halt are the play/pause command.

Enjoy.