Timeline

Mahesh Kumar

Hi,

If you search for 'countdown' on this forum you will find various ways of doing this, as well as a few feature requests for an automatic way of doing this.

One easy way is to add a video with a countdown timer alongside your video media. The downside is that this adds some extra load to your machines and, if you switch your production machine to 'Video as thumbnails' you won't see the timer.

Another way might be to use Watchnet to show the status of your timelines. I haven't actually done this, but I believe you can get the status of your timelines and show the remaining time until the next cue. The downside is that it requires another machine and Watchout licence.

The way I usually do this is to create a composition with a simple clock animation made from image layers. That way there are no extra video files to be played back and it's still visible when displaying 'Video as thumbnails'. I drag it into my tasks and slide it along until it snaps to the end of my video layer, and then place it somewhere on the Stage where I can see it during playback. I often add it to a preview monitor so that colleagues can see it without me having to call it out. The downside is that it has to be placed manually and I haven't got around to making a version longer than 1 minute, but I figure if you have more than a minute to go, there's nothing to worry about yet...

There's an example Watchout project file with the media for the clock on my github here: https://github.com/matkeane/watchout-snippets/tree/master/countdown-clock