Disappearing Cues on Time Line

JohnHuntington

During tech rehearsals apparently our student programmer entered a time something like 5:65 (five minutes 65 seconds) and after that, the cues in that section of the show became unstable.  Cues were disappearing, etc.  I didn't believe it until I saw it and while the designer reverted to a previously saved version of the show I took the malfunctioning show file to our backup machine sestup, where I shot this video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/YEwN1268nM5Ccgxt2

Here, you can see some of the behavior.  As I jump around the timeline using left and right keys, it's skipping over some cues and landing on points on the timeline where there are no cues, etc.

We reconstructed the show from a previous backup so we're OK now, but any ideas on what happened here?

Thanks!

John

Guest DavidA

Hi, John!

Can you email support@dataton.com with as much details you can (server type, os, WATCHOUT version, etc. and preferably a link where we can download the show with problems)? 

Best regards, 
David / Dataton
Customer Support

We just had the same thing happen to us, though as far as we can tell nobody programmed anything strange (like entering an impossible time) when it happened.  I can't send a show file, unfortunately, because we fixed the problem and saved over the file before I saw this post, but if it happens again I'll send an email to support with a show file link.

For what it's worth, our "fix" was moving our control cues to a new layer, and re-making the control cues that were acting strange.  Also, for reference, here's our build:

WATCHOUT 6.2.1

Windows 7 SP1

ASUS X99-A Intel Motherboard 

Intel Core i7-5820k processor

AMD FirePRo W7100 Graphics

G.SKILL Ripjaws V series 16gb (4x4Gb) RAM