WATCHPOINT restart does not resync show

Jeff Miller

I have a show that runs on 3 computers. Watchout 6.3.1

Dell 7920 Rack
Intel Xeon Silver 4114 2.2GHz, 3.0GHz Turbo, 10C, 9.6GT/s 2UPI, 14M Cache, HT (85W) DDR4-2400 1st
Windows 10 Pro for Workstations (4 Cores Plus): Fully Tweaked with Dataton guide
2.5" 512GB SATA Class 20 Solid State Drive
16GB (2x8GB) 2666MHz DDR4 RDIMM ECC
AMD FirePro W9100, 32GB, 6 mDP, (7920 Rack)

The show is a ~3 minute cycle. The show ran for 21.5 hours and then the computer that launched the show (the master) logged the following in the watchdog log:

{ "date" : "2019-01-11", "time" : "7:29:26:984", "severity" : "information",
"message" : "WATCHPOINT stopped responding" },
{ "date" : "2019-01-11", "time" : "7:29:32:001", "severity" : "information",
"message" : "Starting WATCHPOINT" }

The WATCHPOINT log has nothing in it around this time. I had a video camera running to watch the show and it is clear that at the end of the 3 minute cycle it went back to the beginning (play cue jump). The other 2 computers started playing the cycle again, but the master failed to start it again. It then dropped to the Watchout Logo. It then restarted the show.

Here's the part I don't understand. When this master then restarted playing the show, the other two computers then freeze on their current frame and don't advance anymore. Meanwhile the master now plays the show alone. Is there a way I could change this behavior so that the other 2 would synchronize again?

I also checked all Windows logs and could find no entries anywhere around 7:29. Is there any other things I could look at to see why it suddenly stopped?