Live Content Switcher

khym

Hello,

I am designing a system for a theatre show at the moment and have a question:

I have two cameras capturing a live feed, which are to be projected through multiple outputs. There are two screens side by side, with one projector focused on each, and we would like the option of projecting camera 1 on either screen, camera 2 on either screen, and camera 1 on screen 1 and camera 2 on screen 2. There are other screens and projectors as part of our system but this is the more complex component.

I have access to a Roland vision switcher, and wanted opinions on whether instead of using a VDA between each of the cameras and capture cards I could use the switcher in an auxiliary mode. The cameras would input into the switcher, and the switcher output into the two display machines. They would only need one live video media object, and be fed the feed through the switcher.

Does this make any sense?

Many thanks for responses and ideas!

I have access to a Roland vision switcher, and wanted opinions on whether instead of using a VDA between each of the cameras and capture cards I could use the switcher in an auxiliary mode. The cameras would input into the switcher, and the switcher output into the two display machines. They would only need one live video media object, and be fed the feed through the switcher.

Which switcher is it? If it's the 1600 you will achieve what you want. If I was running it in Australia I would be running it in either 720p or 567i at 50hz, and I would run my Watchout show at 50hz.

I run two machines with Blackmagic Multibridge Pro's in them and achieve quite low frame delay.

One more thought (because finding a projector with the throw range/zoom ratio we need is difficult) - do you think it would be feasible to use a single projector to cover the full screen, black the edges top and bottom, and put the two video inputs onto the one display computer with cues swapping the media objects around?