No video signal output over VGA-UTP extender

origos

Hello all, I have an problem with screen output from WO4.3 over VGA-UTP Extender.

There is no signal output on the receiver side.

When i was using winXP everything was running properly, after the WIN7 reinstallation and tweeting I'm not able to get the signal output.

When I'm connecting directly with VGA i get the screen working, but when is there the extender i can not get the output.

Has someone this issue before?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Martin,

this has nothing to do with WATCHOUT and everything to do with EDID, graphic card drivers and setup.

Your Cat5 VGA extender is probably not giving any EDID info back to the graphics card ie no picture.

It might also be an old graphics card driver creating the issue.

Have you upgraded older hardware to Windows 7?

An EDID manager like DVI Parrot or Gefen DVI Detective is always handy in these cases.

http://www.dviparrot.com/ or http://www.gefen.com/kvm/dproduct.jsp?prod_id=4715

Hi Jonas, thank You for the answer.

The EDID could be the problem, actually there is some generic device subscribed at the graphic control panel card.

Just i wonder that the same HW was working before with win XP.

[strong]Even the booting of the system is not going out to the screen with extender.[/strong]

In the context of EDID, i connected the WO Display PC output to a matrix switcher, from where one output in going to an monitor preview and the other to the extender.

Im getting the output on the preview monitor but not on the projector with connected extender, there is no logic and I'm stuck now.

Tomorrow I'm running event and i do not know if should i buy a new grafic card or the EDID manager, to be shore it will work.

I did not upgrade any HW, to win7. Actually all my HW is compatible with the new system and i thing also that it does not have to do anything with setup of watchout software,

but I'm running the baby on it :)

Displays PC configuration is:

Win7 Ultimate 64bit, Intel Xeon E5420 @2.5GHz, 4GB of RAM, [strong]Nvidia Quadro FX 1700[/strong], SATA Raid 1 with two Seagates @7200rpm

Hi Martin,

Please see my inline comments below.

/jonas

>The EDID could be the problem, actually there is some generic device subscribed at the graphic control panel card.

Meaning that no EDID sent to the OS/graphics driver.

>Just i wonder that the same HW was working before with win XP.

Because the Graphic subsystem of Windows 7/Vista, is fundamentally different than Windows XP.

>Even the booting of the system is not going out to the screen with extender.

Latest BIOS and Graphics drivers? This is essential when having issues.

Since WATCHOUT 4/5 heavily relies on the graphics card for hardware acceleration of DirectX/Direct3D,

this is increasingly important, as is the graphics card itself.

>In the context of EDID, i connected the WO Display PC output to a matrix switcher, from where one output in going to an monitor preview and the other to the extender.

>Im getting the output on the preview monitor but not on the projector with connected extender, there is no logic and I’m stuck now.

The logic is pretty straightforward, to me, the monitor sends EDID info, your extender does not.

And your matrix switcher do not have any EDID management built-in?

>Tomorrow I’m running event and i do not know if should i buy a new grafic card or the EDID manager, to be shore it will work.

Since this is a hardware problem, outside of our knowledge, we can't help much here.

I would try the above (BIOS/drivers) and buy both if that don't work.

>I did not upgrade any HW, to win7.

I meant upgrading your OS, on your old hardware platform.

Which can work, but is a risk. There likely will be issues to work out.

>Actually all my HW is compatible with the new system

In theory, yes, but your hardware is from well before Windows Windows 7,

meaning anomalies can occur, that there is no cure for.

> and i thing also that it does not have to do anything with setup of watchout software,

>but I’m running the baby on it :)

Yes, I understand that, but as WATCHOUT is sold as software only, this does not mean

that it will run flawlessly, on any given combination of hardware, software, codecs and drivers.

That said, this is most likely an issue with your hardware VGA extender. Solvable with an EDID manager in the loop.

>Displays PC configuration is:

>Win7 Ultimate 64bit,

>Intel Xeon E5420 @2.5GHz,

>4GB of RAM,

>Nvidia Quadro FX 1700,

>SATA Raid 1 with two Seagates @7200rpm