Softedge

Martin Pfeifer

I am using two JVC DLA-RS46 projectors, 1920 + 1920 - 260 px for overlapping.

Black levels are no problem. I can also adjust the white level so that the softedge is nearly invisible.

But then the grey values appear too dark. If I make them as grey as possible (with the Preferences Edge Blend Curve), the white values become too bright.

Is there any possibility to get a better looking softedge area? I have already tried to increase the overlapping to 25% but this helped not really much. (PJ´s Gamma is set to normal.)

Martin Pfeifer

Martin,

This older post might be of help:

Edge blending with more than two projectors
Started by SebastianNov 01 2012 06:19 PM

http://forum.dataton.com/topic/703-edge-blending-with-more-than-two-projectors/?p=2556

"- avoid high brightness/dynamic modes, opt for natural/video/cinema instead."

/jonas

Martin,

This older post might be of help:

Edge blending with more than two projectors
Started by Sebastian, Nov 01 2012 06:19 PM

http://forum.dataton.com/topic/703-edge-blending-with-more-than-two-projectors/?p=2556

"- avoid high brightness/dynamic modes, opt for natural/video/cinema instead."

/jonas

For the grey/monochrome/smooth parts in the images it helped a lot to increase the brightness of the PJ`s, but now I lost the good black level and the white areas in the overlap area appear too white, similar what I read in the post: "It might be wise to avoid totally white or black parts of a show."

Martin Pfeifer

Thank you Jonas, I found the right settings for the graphic card and the projectors: Now the softedge area is nearly unvisible. > Martin 

For the grey/monochrome/smooth parts in the images it helped a lot to increase the brightness of the PJ`s, but now I lost the good black level and the white areas in the overlap area appear too white, similar what I read in the post: "It might be wise to avoid totally white or black parts of a show."

Martin Pfeifer