AMD W9100 @ 17.Q2.1

Do you have any experience with running W9100 32GB with AMD Driver Version 17.Q2.1?

In any case, we try to get 59.94 on an output resolution from the E2, we get 

• Output 1 and 3 @ 59.94 Hz
  • Output 2 and 4 @ 60 Hz

There is no chance to change the resolution by re-writing the EDID from the E2 to the graphic card. Still showing these resolutions in the "Display settings of the AMD basic display". 

If we change to the "Advanced mode of the graphic driver" we see 1.920 x 1.080 @ 88 Hz - so completely strange.

We solved the problem yesterday with getting a EDID from the old school image pro and put this as a EDID Emulation to all 4 Outputs. The problem was solved ... I thought .

Today morning i came back and the main system was simply black. 3 of the 4 outputs were gone and we were not able to get them again on the E2. Output 4 was still there. So, i "deleted the EDID Emulation" made a restart with the EDID of the E2 and had the same thing like yesterday.

• Output 1 and 3 @ 59.94 Hz
  • Output 2 and 4 @ 60 Hz

Then again, put the image pro edid to all outputs and good again.

Any ideas why:

• 3 of my 4 outputs left while EDID emulation?
  • I can not get a proper resolution by receiving an EDID from the E2? Is there any known issue?

We´re using Dual Link cable and active DP to DVI Adapters.

Having problems like this at night with a "well running system yesterday" is not getting "the best feeling for the show" ;-)

Thanks for sharing guys.

Ben

Do you have any experience with running W9100 32GB with AMD Driver Version 17.Q2.1?

Ben

No, but I have tried W4100 with driver version 17.Q2.apr26, and it did not work out well. In fact 'did not install well' would be a better description. After tries backwards, I finally settled on about 3-4 versions back for the W4100, though my WX4100 runs fine with 17.Q2.apr26.

So my own conclusion on this is that the Radeon Pro drivers do not work well with the previous Firepro W series but would be ok with the Radeon Pro WX series.

Thomas Leong

I assume this error only occurs when using the "Backround" Inputs on the E2. The way to fix this issue is, to UNLOAD the EDID in the AMD setup, wait to get any resolution and signal on the E2 and then to RELOAD the EDID  in the AMD setup. This could cause, that you have to reallign the display numbers in watchout.

Is there any more common solution any of you knows?

Benjamin

• 3 weeks later...

I have seen similar behavior lately, I may be experiencing the same issue you describe.  For example, if I have 6 identical displays and force EDIDs, using one for all displays, several will sometimes show no signal or 'out of range'.  Inspection confirms there are no differences in the EDID's.  I have a library of EDID's including from ImagePros that I cycle through until I find one the display 'likes' so to speak.  

I will try rolling back and see if the issue goes away.  This is with w9100's on 17Q2. Win 7, both i7 and Ryzen builds.