Black shift with ProRes

Ventmedia

I'm in the process of bringing an old show into WO. The footage is all rendered in ProRes. After finally getting it to run on the display software it was noticable that the blacks were not full black, I checked the original footage in After effects which is all good  - black is black. Subsequantly I've done a test transcoding and comparing the footage to HAP which fixes the problem within WO.
It reminds me of the old issues with gamma shifts with ProRes with Quicktime as can be found on a multitude of forums for editers and content creators  - is it the same quicktime issues causing this within WO?

I've added a screenshot of the footage of the two test clips within Watchout which I've then looked at in Photoshop, there is 16% RGB shift in the blacks with the ProRes compared to 0% in the Hap footage. I'm guessing there's a whole gamma shift but I've not tested it properly  - I realise ProRes is not the recommended codec but the simple conclusion it seems is that ProRes isn't an option.

black compare.png