Datapath VisionLC-HD2 latency

Brecht

I recently bought and installed this capture card (https://www.datapath.co.uk/datapath-products/video-capture-cards/visionlc-range/visionlc-hd2) in one of our WO servers. I already had a Decklink SDI 4K,  of which I was quite satisfied. But then I needed a HDMI capture card and listened to some people here and also the Dataton guy who did the Dataton Academy in the Netherlands was advising this type of card (as opposed to Decklink). The card works, but the latency is almost ridiculous. I must say I haven't tested the latency outside of WO but it was somewhere around 40 frames using 1920 x 1080 @60hz output.

I assume there must be some software tweeking to do because I can't think of any reason why people would recommend this card with that much latency. I already contacted Datapath as well, awaiting their reply.

Anyone any experience with this card/brand?

Thx!

Guest DavidA

Brecht, 

please provide information on driver version, operating system, and more details - that can make it easier to understand where your issues are. Additional info on the system GPY, CPU, how many PCIe cards you have, etc. is helpful. 

Best regards, 
David

I know a Watchout 6.x user who has one HD2, and he has not complained about latency. Their company also has one of the VisionAV range, so they seem pretty happy with their Datapath products. Personally, I have the SDI version of the LC range and have not noticed any annoying latency. No software tweaking required to use it.

Very important to know is your exact Motherboard model, your cpu model, and exactly which PCIe slots you have occupied with PCIe cards to determine if lane-sharing is affecting your Datapath performance.

• 2 weeks later...