Custom build for 6 exit server

Carlo

Hi,

I'm trying to create a new build for some new server with 6 exit.

I'm willing to use a 11th gen I7 with 8core, but I'm not sure if someone have tried to use the Z590 chipset and have some feedback about that.
I've searched the forum and haven't found anything about this chipset.
For the graphics card, I've seen a lot of people use the WX9100 without a lot of problems even if someone found some difficulties during setup.
I'm also thinking of using a M.2 pcie SSD with some cooling device to keep it from throttling, have someone had some problem with this particular issue?

At this moment I'm thinking of this configuration, any help would be much aprecieted

Intel i7 11700KF
Msi z590 pro high performance motherboard 2.5G lan
512gb pcie Samsung 970 for os
2tb pcie Samsung 970 for watchout
32gb Corsair 3600MHz ddr4 ram
Corsair fully mod 750w gold power supply
AMD pro wx 9100 16gb graphic card

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you for your feedback,

I hadn't thought about that, I'm going to look in the new drive. 

Also, i want to ask, have you ever had any problem of temperature with this drive?
I'm going to mount the drive with some heatsink, but I'm curios about this issue a lot of people is talking about.

thank you

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2022 at 6:04 PM, Carlo said:

Thank you for your feedback,

I hadn't thought about that, I'm going to look in the new drive. 

Also, i want to ask, have you ever had any problem of temperature with this drive?
I'm going to mount the drive with some heatsink, but I'm curios about this issue a lot of people is talking about.

thank you

I haven't had any temperature issues.  I used the coolers on the motherboard.  What will your watchout usage be like?  Will it be for 24/7 use or for show screenings?  Installing a cooler is always a better solution.  I would recommend a cooler, especially if it is a system that will run 24/7.  The cooler the thing, which applies to the entire computer system, the better the stability will be.

11 hours ago, Ioannis Glantzis said:

Hello all,

I have the following configuration for 6 outputs

i9-10900x
Asus WS X299 Sage/10G
HyperX Predator Memory Black 128GB DDR4 2666MHz
970 Evo Plus 500GB M2
970 Evo Plus 1TB M2
AMD WX9100
900w PSU

What is your opinion?

I would always prefer a configuration with ECC memory. Your config is also nice config for performance.

Your processor supports PCI Express Lanes 48 and Intel® Virtual RAID on CPU (Intel® VROC). I recommend doing Virtual RAID with HYPER M.2 X16 GEN 4 CARD. This will be very helpful in using HAP codec media. Beware, you have to configure your PCIe correctly on the motherboard.