AMD RADEON FIREPRO RECOMMENDED SETTINGS for 1 to 1 OUTPUT

swaglord

Hey Everyone-

I'm setting up a new system for a client and I'd like to have to Output 1 on the graphics card (AMD RADEON WX 7100) equate to CHANNEL 1 on the display settings.

Right now it's all jumbled around and I'm having a hard time finding the way to change this in the settings. Not sure if it's in the AMD software or just on the regular Windows Display settings. In Windows Display settings I have it 1, 2, 3, 4 across.

for example what I have labeled as CHANNEL 2 is outputting what CHANNEL 3 should be outputting.

I can always just work it out in watchout and set channel 2 to be output 3 and so on, but I'd prefer to have it 1 to 1.

Thanks!

Have you forced the EDID on the outputs in the AMD control panel after arranging the outputs in Windows ? In my experience, Windows changes the order of outputs when it detects a change in the connected devices (especially if it recognises a device on a different output). If you force the EDIDs on the graphics card, you should be able to connect/disconnect monitors without it affecting the order of the outputs and so, in Watchout, channel 1 should correspond to output 1 on the graphics card, etc. 

On 12/27/2022 at 3:36 PM, matkeane said:

Have you forced the EDID on the outputs in the AMD control panel after arranging the outputs in Windows ? In my experience, Windows changes the order of outputs when it detects a change in the connected devices (especially if it recognises a device on a different output). If you force the EDIDs on the graphics card, you should be able to connect/disconnect monitors without it affecting the order of the outputs and so, in Watchout, channel 1 should correspond to output 1 on the graphics card, etc. 

I have not, is it under the baseline AMD settings or under Advanced Settings?