Watchout 7 Asset import from non local directory.

Jacky

Hi

So we have used mostly WO6 which when i import assets it works from every location, but in WO7 when i try to import asset from our server it will give me the error "Asset Manger action failed (UploadOrAdd)" or "Asset Manager action failed (Import)" but if i copy those files into my local C drive it will import fine. 

Is there a setting in the new watchout that i need to be able to upload files not from local C drive? 

Thanks 

• Dataton Partner
9 hours ago, Jacky said:

Hi

So we have used mostly WO6 which when i import assets it works from every location, but in WO7 when i try to import asset from our server it will give me the error "Asset Manger action failed (UploadOrAdd)" or "Asset Manager action failed (Import)" but if i copy those files into my local C drive it will import fine. 

Is there a setting in the new watchout that i need to be able to upload files not from local C drive? 

Thanks 

No, there is no such setting. My personal experience on 7, used on a variety of producer systems, that is doesn't matter where you import it from. Local drive, usb drive, network drive. I'm able to just import, it gets ingested and I (could) delete the original file directly afterwards. (or remove the external drive). 

There must be something else that's prohibiting , you could send a feedback report to support ??