watchout7 autostart

youngman

How do I do watchout7 autostart?
For watchout6, I entered the cmd script command line through the watchout point, but I don't know what to do with watchout7.

Also, can't watchout7 open production save files directly?
watchout7 When I open a saved file by registering it in the schedule, it does not open.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2024 at 7:58 PM, RBeddig said:

In WATCHOUT 7, you have to...

a) define a runner (display computer) in your setup to be the active DIRECTOR. E.g., by selecting it in the drop down menu on the top right of PRODUCER or by defining this in the device window.

b) define which timeline should start automatically after booting the display server by selecting "Auto Run" in the timeline properties.

c) save, restart the display server and close the production computer or at least PRODUCER.

The display server should now start with your selected timeline.

Thank you for your reply, RBedding.
I ran it as you said and it worked very well.

I have one more question.

In the case of watchout version 6, after the display boots, the production server runs with a delay of 3-5 minutes according to the schedule, and online may run automatically.
In the watchout7 version, after rebooting the display, I want the production server to open in standby mode with a delay of 3-5 minutes according to the schedule and execute the file.

I have a question because this method seems to be different from the watchout6 version.

thank you RBedding.

((The attachment is how watchout6 registered the production file on the schedule and executed it.  Is there another way to watchout7?))

00.png

000.png

0000.png

00000.png

1.png

• Dataton Partner

In WATCHOUT 6, you have to select the little checkbox to go online. It doesn't necessarily start any timeline.

In WATCHOUT 7, you define which timeline(s) start automatically once the server is ready.

If you need to start your program automatically at a certain minute, I think it would be best to use some simple control system to send a trigger to start the timeline when it is the right time.

I just tested with Bitfocus Companion, which is installed on my production computer. It should even work without connecting an Elgato Streamdeck - what we often use to control WATCHOUT with in live situations.