Capture Card recommencdations for Rental Company

ThomasL

Being a rental company, client needs versatility of inputs, reliability and relatively hassle-free operation problems, with little to zero frame delay for IMAG situations if possible (as it would be difficult to explain to his clients). PC/Mac capture is not necessary.

Been looking at Decklink Studio and Decklink HD Extreme 3D in particular versus the Datapath options.

Is the Decklink still fussy on motherboards and other components in the PC? Thinking of using ASUS Sabretooth mobo, Win7 64-bit rather than 32-bit, and one of the high-end Eyefinity cards. Recommendation on the capture card is appreciated, preferably based on experience with card.

Thanks.

Thomas Leong

I've just gone through a whole lot of old posts at Showroom List under "Decklink". Quite a bit of useful info there, and problems and successes encountered, etc.

I've also gone through Decklink's recommendation for motherboards, but it is not an updated list. Looks like they have stopped testing mobos with their cards!

So I'd still appreciate some updated info, user experience, recommendation re the newer Decklinks and motherboards, please.

Thanks.

Thomas Leong