Merging two production computer shows

Matt Green

Hi

I have seen it done before but can not for the life of me remember now how it was done.  I have a 18 projector mapping to be made and would like to know the best procedure for using two production machines, one to map left side and the other to map right side simultaneously (two operators) .  How can you do this and then afterwards merge the shows and mapping data to one production machine.

Many Thanks

Matt

• Dataton Partner

Hi Matt,

You can of course create sub-projects with just the screens/projectors for each project. It would be wise to define folders for the actual media beforehand to avoid confusion later on.

Then you just program each part and create a consolidated folder which you then move to the other production computer.

Once it is done, you can copy the screens from one project to the other by marking them and copy&paste. You could also copy the data into a simple text file using a simple editor. Do not use Word or any other formatted text.

Then you can copy complete tasks from one project to the other. WATCHOUT will also move the media files to the other show. You might need to clean up your media window afterwards.

Last step for me would be a consolidation again to make sure that all files are in one folder.