Operational questiones

orfischer

Hi All,

I couldn't find any information about thoss on the manual:

1. I was wondering if it's possible to loop videos on the display computer without using the production computer?

2. If not, maybe just to send the project to the display computer and than disconnect the production computer - will the looped videos keep running?

3. Are there any built-in files/ patterns for aligning projectors together on multi-projection setup?

4. If I want to map a distorted surface (a sphere or a building for example) and I change the display geometry - does it also distort the shape of the video? if so, what is the best way of mapping a distorted surface - is it more important that the video will be edited in the shape of the surface or adjusting the geometry or both?

5. What is the importance of having the same lamp hours on the projectors when creating a widescreen production?

Thank you so much

Hi All,

I couldn't find any information about thoss on the manual:

1. I was wondering if it's possible to loop videos on the display computer without using the production computer?

Yes.

By creating a Show, downloading and test it, then make the Display computer autostart via a textbased script, is the most common way to achieve this.

Please look here in the Forum for an example "autostart.txt" file as a starting point:

http://forum.dataton.com/topic/1127-watchpax-autostarttxt-script/

2. If not, maybe just to send the project to the display computer and than disconnect the production computer - will the looped videos keep running?

Yes, if they are placed on an Auxiliary Timeline (Task Window)

3. Are there any built-in files/ patterns for aligning projectors together on multi-projection setup?

No.

But using a software like Projectionist will help in easy creation of one.

http://www.neodarque.com/Projectionist/About

4. If I want to map a distorted surface (a sphere or a building for example) and I change the display geometry - does it also distort the shape of the video?

Yes.

It's a mesh-based geometry correction grid, intended mainly for flat/curved surfaces.

if so, what is the best way of mapping a distorted surface - is it more important that the video will be edited in the shape of the surface or adjusting the geometry or both?

Both, heavily depending on type of project.

Projecting onto three-dimensional objects/shapes involves many more steps in the total process,

outside of WATCHOUT, than simple geometry correction on the Display output

5. What is the importance of having the same lamp hours on the projectors when creating a widescreen production?

It's always important, but not as important as having a good color balance between projectors.

Calibrated output from all projectors is necessary for a perfect result.

Same lamp-hours will not guarantee this, but is a good start.

/jonas

Hi

point 5:

Check your Lumen with a meter. a App on a iphone can be used, but a small Lumen-Meter is not expensive (40 Euro from "Voltcraft" in Germany).

Its OK to check the Brightness. Also its easier to use a DLP Projector. A Color Balance - Meter is about 6000 and up Euros (cheapest in Germany by a german Manufactor).

We measured at Christie Germany some Projectors and caibrated the Colours. Its easy with a spezial Meter and a small Excel sheet! Most Projetors of the same series with neary the same hours are patched.

if you want to Use our Eyes its possible! But after hours you only the colours...

Testpatterns (grayscale) are important. you will find some generators. We use the Build in Test-patterns first (Match the Projetcors), then from the computer oder Mixing-Unit (match the Inputs).

We build a widescreen with a 10K and a 6K. Brightness and Blacklevel must be the same. The Overlap-Area is brighter on Black then the other Area! When you need black Areas you must calibrate this Area too. In Christie Projectors you will find this pssibility ;-)

Greetings form Germany

Daniel

• 2 weeks later...