Troubleshooting Multiple Displays from One Display Computer

hangam

Hello,

In the past I've used an older version of Watchout or opted to use one display computer for each projector I've been using in a show with Watchout.  I'm in the process of setting up two projectors to connect to one display computer and I just can't get both projectors to work at the same time.  

I've made a Display with the same resolution in on Watchout production computer.  Named them to the same IP address with different outs, then tested to make sure the computers were talking to each out and gotten the green light.  Then I've connected both projectors to the same graphics card, one in the DVI port and the other with a mini display to vga connector.  I can only get the projectors to connect to watchout through that one DVI port on the graphics card.  Am I missing something in the settings (I'm a MAC person), or should I be using a DVI cable that connects to that one port then splits into two VGAs?  But then would that mean I wouldn't have control over what was being shown on each projector as the big image was split in two right down the middle?  

I'm sorry if this is a question that seems silly, but I can't figure it out and I could use the help.

Thanks!

Hangam

Hello,

In the past I've used an older version of Watchout or opted to use one display computer for each projector I've been using in a show with Watchout.  I'm in the process of setting up two projectors to connect to one display computer and I just can't get both projectors to work at the same time.  

I've made a Display with the same resolution in on Watchout production computer.  Named them to the same IP address with different outs, then tested to make sure the computers were talking to each out and gotten the green light.  Then I've connected both projectors to the same graphics card, one in the DVI port and the other with a mini display to vga connector.  

Your'e doing it correctly, if you're using WATCHOUT 5, that is.

But to begin with, you'll need an ACTIVE DP/MiniDP->VGA-adapter, I think.

Preferably one uses digital outputs, rather than analog.

Are there any other outputs available on the card? (and what graphic card is it?)

http://forum.dataton.com/topic/93-wo5-multi-output/

I can only get the projectors to connect to watchout through that one DVI port on the graphics card.  Am I missing something in the settings (I'm a MAC person), or should I be using a DVI cable that connects to that one port then splits into two VGAs?

No, you should not do that.

But then would that mean I wouldn't have control over what was being shown on each projector as the big image was split in two right down the middle? 

See above.

/jonas