WO for Game Show?

Michael Scheck

Hi all, 

we have a project this summer that is going to be a game show. I am thinking about programming the interaction in Watchout. We will have two buzzers that should trigger some things, but most important should reliably show who pressed first. I am thinking of using a GPI to Midi interface into Watchout. Each buzzer should trigger a timeline that then should start some grafics, send out a midi-command to the light desk, play a sound and also disable the other buzzer. 

My question is: Would WO be reliable enough to distinguish the first "hit" of the two buzzers or should I put some electronics in between that detects the first hit? Any experience on these kind of things? 

Regards,

Michael

You may get close, and WO6 has some new abilities to program such logic internally. But it's hard to give hard guarantees that there will never be a "double fire" if the two buttons are pressed at the very same time. So if you want to make 100% sure, I would add some logic in front of WATCHOUT that arbitrates this, then triggers timelines as appropriate. It can be a quite simple program.