Corrupted WO show file

Quim

Hi all,

I just realised one problem when producing Watchout shows. I was producing some Watchout shows using HAP files. All is going fine until when suddenly some of the new added HAP files were not playing properly, I don't know how to explain, like if over the file had a white image a bit of opacity. Firstly thought it was because were wrong formatted to HAP, tried to recompress to HAP with the same result. That happened on the Production computer and the Display computer. Then tried the "wrong" files in a new show and worked fine. So decided to do a new show copying the timelines and all was fine.

Watchout vrsion 6.1.5, production computer W10 and Display computers W7 pro.

Any idea?

From your description it looks lika a problem with the color conversion shader that is used when playing HapQ movies. Was it HapQ movies that you were trying to play? Did you switch around between Hap and HapQ (by pointing the media object to another file, or possibly switching files)? Was the video plain or presplit? 

If you find a way to reproduce the issue, please let us know and we will try to reproduce the issue here. 

/Erik 

It could also be a bug in the graphics card driver. If you have access to another type of computer/graphics card, you may want to see if playing th show on tht computer solves the problem. If so, I would venture that it's the hardware and/or driver thatäs causing the problem.

Mike

Hi Mike and Erik,

That happened me with 2 different Production computers (one W10 and other W7) and 2 different brand Display computers (both W7). The movies were HAP and HAPQ. First time that happened me this I though I converted a Prores file to HAP Alpha by mistake and reconverted it again to HAPQ and had the same result. The second time I got the files from the customer (HAP), all were working fine and suddenly had the problem with a few of them, after copying the aux timelines to a brand new show no more problems. It was no presplit video. First time was refreshing the video and was a only one projector and one video. Second time was dragging the videos from Media Window over cue in the timeline (with blending area but no presplit).

If it happens me again I will try to find any info more.

Guest DavidA

Hi Mike and Erik,

That happened me with 2 different Production computers (one W10 and other W7) and 2 different brand Display computers (both W7). The movies were HAP and HAPQ. First time that happened me this I though I converted a Prores file to HAP Alpha by mistake and reconverted it again to HAPQ and had the same result. The second time I got the files from the customer (HAP), all were working fine and suddenly had the problem with a few of them, after copying the aux timelines to a brand new show no more problems. It was no presplit video. First time was refreshing the video and was a only one projector and one video. Second time was dragging the videos from Media Window over cue in the timeline (with blending area but no presplit).

If it happens me again I will try to find any info more.

Thanks for feedback, Quim!

If this happens again - and that you are capable of reproducing the error - please send all files (linked, preferably) and information to our support@dataton.com email so we can look into it.

​Best regards,

David/Dataton