Watchout New Build 2019 Version 6.4 Windows LTSB

Florian Hoss

Hi Guys,

just looking for some advice or recommendation towards following system. Do you guys thing Nvidia or AMD is the way to go? Thinking of a solid system for 4x 4K Output with possible sync of more than one machine.

Graphics Card:

or

What do you guys think?

hey mate 

i am also based on saudi , and u better get fans and water cooling =).

-more cpu power is never an over kill specially when those late mp4 files arriving and no time to rerender in hap ,you need that cpu power to have a smooth playback specially runing 4 x 4k mp4 files...

- i would go with AMD and here is why ... i feel nvidia is more powerful coding card and AMD is more powerful decoding card.

- i would go with more ram because why not , you already have the super micro ? .

cheers

I believe WO is still 32 bit only, so throwing more than 16GB of RAM at it shouldn't make much difference. Just make sure you have RAM installed in an optimal way for the motherboard (some mobos benefit from parallell channels if modules installed across all RAM lanes).

Mike

On 5/20/2019 at 9:52 PM, Muath I J said:

hey mate 

i am also based on saudi , and u better get fans and water cooling =).

-more cpu power is never an over kill specially when those late mp4 files arriving and no time to rerender in hap ,you need that cpu power to have a smooth playback specially runing 4 x 4k mp4 files...

- i would go with AMD and here is why ... i feel nvidia is more powerful coding card and AMD is more powerful decoding card.

- i would go with more ram because why not , you already have the super micro ? .

cheers

Believe it or not, we got all our clients to provide HAP content ?. Still good to have the extra power I guess. Is the ram not overkill because watchout is still not using more then 4GB?

On 5/21/2019 at 12:18 PM, Mike Fahl said:

I believe WO is still 32 bit only, so throwing more than 16GB of RAM at it shouldn't make much difference. Just make sure you have RAM installed in an optimal way for the motherboard (some mobos benefit from parallell channels if modules installed across all RAM lanes).

Mike

Yeah that’s what I thought as well, will split the ram even over all the slots for optimal line speed.

On 5/23/2019 at 10:51 AM, TomT said:

Make shure to cool your m.2 ! Very important !

Best would be an active cooling with a fan or water cooling.

Our current setup is running m.2 without cooling and it’s fine. The heatspreader in the supermicro motherboard should do the trick? Did you have any recent jobs where you run into trouble?

• 3 weeks later...