Using Midi control for external control of tweens

JasonH

I am looking into using a Midi controller to adjust various parameters of tweens. It works well for most tweens except for position and to some extent scale. Since the value of the Midi control is 0-1 it will only move the media one pixel which is not very useful. If I create a generic input it lets me adjust the range of the value so then I could have a 0-2000 range and allow for media to move through this whole range. Is there a way to adjust the value of a Midi control or somehow link a Midi control to a generic input so I can use larger values?

1 hour ago, JasonH said:

I am looking into using a Midi controller to adjust various parameters of tweens. It works well for most tweens except for position and to some extent scale. Since the value of the Midi control is 0-1 it will only move the media one pixel which is not very useful. If I create a generic input it lets me adjust the range of the value so then I could have a 0-2000 range and allow for media to move through this whole range. Is there a way to adjust the value of a Midi control or somehow link a Midi control to a generic input so I can use larger values?

Of course. Instead of just placing only the MIDI controller name in the tween, place a formula. For example, if your combined screen width in a three screen blended show is 5,247pixels, your MIDI controller is named Xposition and you want to tween the x axis of the position tween, use the formula

Xposition * 5247

if your leftmost screen starts at 100 pixels, then use the formula

Xposition * 5247 + 100

At the end of the day, a single MIDI controller input only has 127 steps, so setting an x position across a 5247 pixel space results in 41 pixel jumps for each minimum step in MIDI controller value.