Production computer not showing any input or displays on the display server watchmax9100 v6.6.5

yashin

Hai,

Its new watchmax9100 server I recently purchased and using first time. Network, license everything working fine but cant find the input devices/ or the output display channels from the display server in the production laptop. 

In the display server if press Ctrl+W, we can see all the six outputs display ports as wells all the capture card ports.

I can program and play video to one display and the output is fine but if I added 2 or more displays I cant select the specified output on the graphics card. or giving an error invalid channel.

In preferences I cant find any of my capturecard inputs other than my webcam of my production laptop.

Windows 10 on both machines.

Please advise on this.

Thanks

yashin 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2021 at 5:13 PM, yashin said:

Hai,

Its new watchmax9100 server I recently purchased and using first time. Network, license everything working fine but cant find the input devices/ or the output display channels from the display server in the production laptop

That is correct, the hardware is in the WATCHMAX so it will not show up in the production computer input hardware settings. The only input devices that will show up in the production computer are input hardware that is physically in the production computer, and this is exactly what you are seeing.

When programming, you program the display server input behavior by defining a Live Video object from the Media menu and associating it referencing the WATCHOUT input number defined in the WATCHMAX. Be sure to leave preview set to thumbnail. You only set it to live video when there is capture hardware in the production computer and you are feeding the signal to that capture hardware in the production computer.

In the display server if press Ctrl+W, we can see all the six outputs display ports as wells all the capture card ports.

;)

I can program and play video to one display and the output is fine but if I added 2 or more displays I cant select the specified output on the graphics card. or giving an error invalid channel.

OK, this seems separate from your input issues and is less clear. Can you provide screen shots of the display configuration that is working and the ones not working?

In preferences I cant find any of my capturecard inputs other than my webcam of my production laptop.

As expected. Your capture card inputs are not in your production computer and therefore will not show up in your production computer.