WatchPax40 problem after upgrade to 6.6.7

Sergio

Hello everyone. A problem with watchpax 40: after the update from 6.6.2 to 6.6.7 the monitor connected to the WP shows only the splashscreen without the name of the display computer and its ip. The network window in WO does not detect the display computer on the network. I noticed that the WatchPax changed the previously set ip (2.0.0.60) and returned to 169.254.224.3. I manually set the ip of the pc to 169.254.224.100. The two ip's are detected by Advanced IP Scanner but I still can't see it on WO. It seems to me a problem resulting from the update but I don't know how to fix it. Even simply connecting the WP to a monitor only the splash screen is displayed with no other information. Thanks for any suggestions!

• Dataton Partner

The autostart.txt file, which is used to set the static IP address of a WATCHPAX, has most probably been swapped with the update as well. The easiest way to check is to connect a mouse and keyboard to your WATCHPAX 40 and the to click once into the splash screen (to get focus on it) and then press Ctrl+W.

Now you should see a smaller window with a menu on top. In the first menu you will see a link to edit the autostart file. This file has plenty of descriptions inside of how to set the IP address up etc.

169.254.224.3 is a self-assigned IP address. Self-assigned addresses appear if you connect computers set to DHCP to a network which doesn't have a DHCP server.

3 hours ago, RBeddig said:

The autostart.txt file, which is used to set the static IP address of a WATCHPAX, has most probably been swapped with the update as well. The easiest way to check is to connect a mouse and keyboard to your WATCHPAX 40 and the to click once into the splash screen (to get focus on it) and then press Ctrl+W.

Now you should see a smaller window with a menu on top. In the first menu you will see a link to edit the autostart file. This file has plenty of descriptions inside of how to set the IP address up etc.

169.254.224.3 is a self-assigned IP address. Self-assigned addresses appear if you connect computers set to DHCP to a network which doesn't have a DHCP server.

thank you very much RBeddig!