Black Screen during show

Kalpesh Suthar

Hello, I was at show in Exibation, I have to share the issue this is very important, still I don't found why that happen, The issue was no content playing in screen and its black, I have attach link for video for reference , Watchout dose not have any error msg no from Watchout production, I have tried everything downgrade software,  everything was working condition, suddenly get this issue 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NjXAxAm5V0J2KOEmKqC6npfLvmBK1vWj/view?usp=sharing

• Dataton Partner

Difficult to say since we don't know your setup. How many outputs in which resolution are you using from one server? How are your servers configured? EDID set up correctly? What codec is used?

What happens if you disable all but one screen and try to use this one?

I have seen some black outputs when the operator used too much content on a server at some positions in the timeline. Too much means that the amount of data was more than the SSD could load at a time. Be aware that looping videos count twice!

After reducing the amount of videos a bit all went fine.

ok so there was 1 display server with 4 output, each out put was  2752 w x 1792 h (left and right led screen)  ,  2nd server 2 output each output was  3200w x 1792h(center led Screen),    EDID was set in LED Processor ( H9 Novastar ) as per output,

all content I use HAP, and wav audio file  Converted with Media encoder 2022, all my server are new with high configure, intel I7 with graphic card was NVDI P4000, M.2 SSD,

there was  few content logo loop only, because of its exhibition do not have much content, 3 timeline with each screen logo,  and I have run show for 2 days with same configuration no problem at all, this happen on 3rd day morning when I go on site i see that all my screen was black no one ever touch those setting and my production pc, some how  I run show with plan B with. backup Resolume Arena because no time to troubleshoot,   then by afternoon after restarting many-time, and doing some troubleshoot  suddenly working fine again with same production pc and same display server, so I don't understand why this happen?,  I believe it's because of Watchout dongle? 

• Dataton Partner

A dongle which is not readable could be an issue but normally throws error messages. Check the log files on both display and production computer as well as the Windows event messages.

I always try to avoid non-SMPTE resolutions. This can lead to all sorts of issues and maybe this was the problem here as well. Always use the next larger SMPTE resolution, here probably UHD and make the LED controller just pick the right pixels.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2023 at 8:46 AM, Kalpesh Suthar said:

Hello, I was at show in Exibation, I have to share the issue this is very important, still I don't found why that happen, The issue was no content playing in screen and its black, I have attach link for video for reference , Watchout dose not have any error msg no from Watchout production, I have tried everything downgrade software,  everything was working condition, suddenly get this issue 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NjXAxAm5V0J2KOEmKqC6npfLvmBK1vWj/view?usp=sharing

Turn off your production firewall and see if that helps. You should have no firewalls running on any machine. Iv had this issue before and it was my firewall.