Help on a configuration for new WATCHOUT 6 computers

RICCARDOCAGNASSO

I've got a couple of WATCHOUT licences and I would like to build a functioning watchout media server.
Reading the forum my working theory is to use a RTX A4000 because it works on the WATCHPAX.
Is there any source of informations on supported hardware? Motherboards? Drives?
Do someone have a recent configuration that works and that you could share?

WATCHOUT is written to standards, not specific hardware. The only hardware Dataton supports are Dataton WATCHPAX. Beyond that, it is up to the builder to certify their choices conform to the required standards.

Hardware selection is the relatively easy part of building a server. The challenging aspect is tuning and testing the operating system and drivers.

On 3/31/2023 at 6:54 PM, jfk said:

WATCHOUT is written to standards, not specific hardware. The only hardware Dataton supports are Dataton WATCHPAX. Beyond that, it is up to the builder to certify their choices conform to the required standards.

Hardware selection is the relatively easy part of building a server. The challenging aspect is tuning and testing the operating system and drivers.

Yes I understand that, but I also read on the forum that some people experienced problems with driver versions and some GPUs. Others reported to have problems with some CPU. At the end of the day, tuning drivers depend on the driver, doesn't it? I'm trying to collect informations to avoid obvious pitfalls.