Same IP Address, different phisical displays

Hi,

I'm tryng to understand if I set 2 different displays to same IP address, they can work indipendently or they playout the same media?

I just need virtual displays in my stage window or i need 2 subnet for the same output machine?

e.g. I have 2 ledwall 900x900 assigned to a single output machine (e.g. novastar coex), they have same link connection but different position in the real stage (e.g. one left and one right with a main 4K ledwall in the centre), if i assigned the same IP in WO, they work indipendently?

Thanks

58 minutes ago, Shazeye said:

Hi,

I'm tryng to understand if I set 2 different displays to same IP address, they can work indipendently or they playout the same media?

The WATCHOUT server name is only part of a display address, the output number distinguishes between different display outputs on the same server. Two different servers (computers) can not have the same WATCHOUT name and cluster name, an error will result in WATCHOUT. (WATCHOUT name and cluster name is set in the WATCHOUT 6 network window). If you are entering an IP address in display specifications where you should be entering the WATCHOUT server name, please stop using the legacy IP method. Go to the WATCHOUT Network Window and assign Computer name and optional cluster name if necessary.

In Windows, you can not use the same IP address on two different servers (computers), a Windows error will result.

I just need virtual displays in my stage window or i need 2 subnet for the same output machine?

e.g. I have 2 ledwall 900x900 assigned to a single output machine (e.g. novastar coex), they have same link connection but different position in the real stage (e.g. one left and one right with a main 4K ledwall in the centre),

Does that mean you are remapping two 900x900 pixel spaces to one physical WATCHOUT output? That would be done with two virtual displays mapped to a single output if you want them to show independent content. If you want both pixel spaces to show the same content, then use one virtual display and use it twice, one cue of the same virtual display for each pixel space.

If you want a single area on the WATCHOUT stage to appear exactly the same on two different servers, use a virtual display and then assign that virtual display to each server with a separate cue for each server. An alternate method would be two stack the display rectangles for each server on different stage tiers. Note either method is for content only, geometry or other display specific functions will not be duplicated.

if i assigned the same IP in WO, they work indipendently?

Thanks

???