Full OutPut Recording

scarypete

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for a solution to record the full output of my four destination WatchOut Blend. I know that I can probably record each output independantly and then 'stitch' them together in post, but I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a simpler way to get a full recording without the need to Post it. I have a lot of Live Video Content coming in through the Capture Cards so I can't just render out the stage from WO either. My total resolution is 4235X720. I will be using HDMI out of my GPU which is then converted to SDI with Blackmagic MiniConvertors. (We use SDI simply for cable length)

Thanks in advance.

Peter

Actually there is a rather simple way, it requires another Display computer w/license, though:

- Add a Tiered Layer on the Stage

- Create a 5th Display, 1920x1080, new IP-address

- Un-check "Width and Height same as Display Resolution"

- Set "Size of Display" to 4235x2382 (16:9)

- Position this Display so that it covers your whole output

- Record from this output, WATCHOUT will scale down to 1920x1080 output resolution

If the Live inputs is to be recorded, you need capture cards in that Display Computer, too

Hope this helps,

/jonas

• Dataton Partner

Jonas, what's the current limit on resizing the stage size to display size? I remember it was 70% last year (couldn't even have one output covering a 3x1920 area with blend (approx 5000 pixels wide).

Just tried it in 5.3 and it seems that now, over 5750pix wide (so 6000 for example) he can't handle and somehow visually drops back to 500pix wide? Which would make it almost 200% larger than actual? (So 300%)

Final question: why use separate machine for this output? To me it seems it could work using another output on same machine, as long if you use same res and machine can handle the additional rendering?

Jonas, what's the current limit on resizing the stage size to display size? I remember it was 70% last year (couldn't even have one output covering a 3x1920 area with blend (approx 5000 pixels wide).

It was not designed for that specific purpose, at the time.

Just tried it in 5.3 and it seems that now, over 5750pix wide (so 6000 for example) he can't handle and somehow visually drops back to 500pix wide? Which would make it almost 200% larger than actual? (So 300%)

It's supposed to be larger than that, as far as I remember, but I do not have the exact number.

Final question: why use separate machine for this output? To me it seems it could work using another output on same machine, as long if you use same res and machine can handle the additional rendering?

Because he used 4 outputs 720p, and when to record a 4235 pixels output, I thought highest possible resolution was appropriate.

Other than that it would probably work.

/jonas