Assigned numbers switch randomly

steve carr

greetings datatoners.

im running 11 transparent lcd screens each with a touch screen overlay, a pc attached to each touch screen for triggering. when a punter touches a touch screen it triggers a video. however every 30 mins or ao a switch occurs. ie, when you touch screen 3, the correct video playes for screen 4. when i reset the assigned screen number in the watchout software on the touchscreen pc, it resolves the issue but only for 30 mins before it goes wrong again.

youre kind assistance would be much apreciated.

steve

greetings datatoners.

im running 11 transparent lcd screens each with a touch screen overlay, a pc attached to each touch screen for triggering. when a punter touches a touch screen it triggers a video. however every 30 mins or ao a switch occurs. ie, when you touch screen 3, the correct video playes for screen 4. when i reset the assigned screen number in the watchout software on the touchscreen pc, it resolves the issue but only for 30 mins before it goes wrong again.

youre kind assistance would be much apreciated.

steve

Sounds like a touchscreen issue, but I think you need to clarify some.

You seem to indicate 1 WATCHOUT Display PC for each screen - a total of 11 display computers?

Is each output playing back from an independent aux timeline,

or are the outputs played back in groups?

Where does the touchscreen software reside,

you seem to indicate it is on the WATCHOUT production PC ?

How does the touchscreen system trigger the WATCHOUT playback?

What WATCHOUT version?

hi mr jfk. thank you for your reply.

i am running 2 servers and a production machine for the video playback played from separate auxiliary timelines. ( the 11 pcs are simply there for touch screen overlay triggering, they are networked to the watchout system so it talks to watchout ). its an unusual setup, we have a touchscreen overlay in front of a transparent lcd screen.probably not been done before..

there was no touchscreen software curiously. watchout version. 5.3.1

cheers steve

hi mr jfk. thank you for your reply.

i am running 2 servers and a production machine for the video playback played from separate auxiliary timelines. ( the 11 pcs are simply there for touch screen overlay triggering, they are networked to the watchout system so it talks to watchout ). its an unusual setup, we have a touchscreen overlay in front of a transparent lcd screen.probably not been done before..

there was no touchscreen software curiously. watchout version. 5.3.1

cheers steve

I am still having difficulty following what is happening, but no matter,

it sounds like your WATCHOUT PCs are seeing EDID interruptions on their outputs.

Any change in EDID during operation will force a graphics card reset.

Anytime a graphics card reset occurs, the outputs can and will be reassigned to new output numbers.

The only way to avoid this is to provide stable / constant EDID.

An EDID manager on each output can isolate any bad behaviour in the display chain

and prevent random output resets. Have seen this occur

when the transceiver of a display extender was crashing and restarting.

Have seen this occur if a display is powered down while watchpoint is running, etc.