Audio missing from WO servers

JBondoux

Hi,

I've been asked to review the hardware of a WO installation (v4.5) involving 12 servers.  I had the pleasure of running these for a number of years so I know the kit quite well, but having been away for 10 months the most troubling issue is that the audio playback from the servers seems to have stopped.  Each of the servers plays back the OS sounds without fault, but as soon as WO is launched  there is no audio whatsoever.  If I playback mov, wmv, wav files they stay muted, but should I play them from within the desktop environment the servers play them back perfectly.

I've investigated the software mixer for the onboard audio cards (Realteck HD) and all possible levels are up and there are no complex mixers to re-route audio in the software.

So currently I'm of the opinion that WO might have some hidden preference somewhere that allows the configuration of the audio output of the display machines.  Can anyone provide a clue to this?

Thanks for any input...

Have the audio files changed or are they the same ones that worked prior to the hiatus?

Is there by any chance a live tween on the audio files?

No hidden special sound settings in WATCHOUT, 

No command line switches related to audio, no external IP commands related to audio, 

all settings are in Windows.

Check the audio co-processor's driver and make sure it is not from Microsoft.

(driver supplier most likely will be the motherboard vendor

when the sound co-processor is on the motherboard.)

Does not sound like that is the issue, but to be thorough. 

Good luck  :)

Hi,

I've been asked to review the hardware of a WO installation (v4.5) involving 12 servers.  I had the pleasure of running these for a number of years so I know the kit quite well, but having been away for 10 months the most troubling issue is that the audio playback from the servers seems to have stopped.  Each of the servers plays back the OS sounds without fault, but as soon as WO is launched  there is no audio whatsoever.  If I playback mov, wmv, wav files they stay muted, but should I play them from within the desktop environment the servers play them back perfectly.

I've investigated the software mixer for the onboard audio cards (Realteck HD) and all possible levels are up and there are no complex mixers to re-route audio in the software.

So currently I'm of the opinion that WO might have some hidden preference somewhere that allows the configuration of the audio output of the display machines.  Can anyone provide a clue to this?

Thanks for any input...