Output graphic cards

anilsholodream

I also have two HD 7990s and they work exceptionally well - and have run 6 full HD streams from them without issue (sometimes some read delay from the HDD - easily fixed with RAID)..

Firepro would be better if you need  Genlock capability though.

I do notice some free-running videos get out of sync with each other when running for extended periods of time. 

I think Genlock will fix that since the display card listens to a master clock.

Rob

I also have two HD 7990s and they work exceptionally well - and have run 6 full HD streams from them without issue (sometimes some read delay from the HDD - easily fixed with RAID)..

Or SSD:s, as highly recommended in all our setup guidelines for multioutput DisplayPC:s.

Firepro would be better if you need  Genlock capability though.

I do notice some free-running videos get out of sync with each other when running for extended periods of time. 

I think Genlock will fix that since the display card listens to a master clock.

We are not talking genlock here, but graphics card frame-lock.

Both AMD FirePro (W7/8/9xxx-series+S400) and NVidia Quadro (K5/6xxx-series+Quadro Sync) can give you this capability.

The hardware portion has to be set up before enabling this in WATCHOUT.

Please look into this thread here for more info:

http://forum.dataton.com/topic/1112-watchout-55-how-to-set-up-frame-lock/

http://forum.dataton.com/topic/1112-watchout-55-how-to-set-up-frame-lock/?do=findComment&comment=4340

http://forum.dataton.com/topic/1112-watchout-55-how-to-set-up-frame-lock/?do=findComment&comment=4382

/jonas

Or SSD:s, as highly recommended in all our setup guidelines for multioutput DisplayPC:s.

We are not talking genlock here, but graphics card frame-lock.

Sorry i should clarify, we are using SSD - even SATAIII - we would get jumping on 6 x HD outputs and traced it back to read of the SSD apparently maxing out. We're yet to test with RAID0 but have plans to try 2 x 128GB SSD in place of the 256GB SSD currently in the display machine we're referencing.

We are probably pushing limits of throughput so we might find it's some other slow-point (but running performance statistics points to this). We're not near the theoretical limits, so who knows until we test it.

And yes - my error regarding Frame-Lock, sorry for the mistake.

Thanks,

Rob

• 9 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...