MIDI sometimes works, sometimes it doesnt

chester

Hello,

I'm having some trouble with midi to control my aux-timelines.

I have a simple setup with two aux-timelines wich are triggered by a midi input command.

The midi-command is always received as I can see on my midi interface connected to the production computer.

But sometimes the timeline starts, sometimes it doesnt.

I also always see a little flickering on my screen of the production computer when the midi is received but doesnt start the timeline.

So the midi signal is received and triggers something but not always the timeline.

Anyone with an idea?

Would be helpfull!

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

The midi is coming from a computer trough en edirol interface to my watchout production which has an roland cakewalk interface.
A friend adapted the software so I can adapt all sending settings for the midi. Rising flank, falling flank, velocity and so on.

But it simply won't react every time. Yesterday I had 3 fails on 5 tries. Then 10 good samples a d then again a lot of fails.

I'm situated in Belgium and using the system for a quiz in a television show.

Kind regards,

Jesse Dillen

Hello,

The midi is coming from a computer trough en edirol interface to my watchout production which has an roland cakewalk interface.
A friend adapted the software so I can adapt all sending settings for the midi. Rising flank, falling flank, velocity and so on.

But it simply won't react every time. Yesterday I had 3 fails on 5 tries. Then 10 good samples a d then again a lot of fails.

I'm situated in Belgium and using the system for a quiz in a television show.

Kind regards,

Jesse Dillen

Do you have access to any method of monitoring the MIDI data? Midi-Ox or some such.

Edirol is not my favorite vendor, weirdness from their products would not surprise me in the least.

Toss in customized software and ....

Monitoring the MIDI channel may reveal something.

I have assisted with a few switch closure / MIDI Note systems that do not act like that.

Pushbuttons (simple switch closures) trigger shows (aux timelines).

Used MIDI Solutions F8 in multiple systems. (once you get it setup correctly, bulletproof)

some with a MOTU Fastlane USB and an some with an off brand simple MIDI-USB adaptor.

No anomalies.

Hello,

After some days I managed to get it all work.

It seems like a problem with the midi-interval.

The computer was sending two midi notes through an interface with each an on-off interval of 20ms.

I catched note B which came after note A meaning it passes me at 20-40ms. That seemed a little bit to fast for the interface to catch up.

Now I changed the interval to 50ms and there is no problem anymore.

But thanks for all your help here!

All best,

Chester