DMX signals are lost

Anton Rodionov

Hello. I have control WO Production via Artnet from GrandMA. When I make changes into the WO, Production ceases to receive some signals from GrandMA.

How are you determining that? What tween formula are you using it in?

After reboot WO Production software everything becomes OK.

How are you determining that? What tween formula are you using it in?

Every morning when I start to work, all works. during the day I need to upload the new files to the project. after uploading the files and update the show, the signals of some channels DMX, can stop coming. Unfortunately so far I have not noticed a definite relationship that it is the cause. but if I make no changes to the project it works steadily all day. DMX signals trigger auxiliary timelines to synchronize video sound and light. also count the number of times a certain DMX signal and at the end of the program automatically displays the selected video.

... DMX signals trigger auxiliary timelines to synchronize video sound and light. ...

From a GrandMA? Why and the world would you not use MIDI Show Control for that?

MSC is a cue based protocol, and triggering auxiliary timelines is cue based.

DMX is a level based protocol, makes little sense as it relates to cues.

I guarantee you MSC would be far more reliable.

DMX input was meant for live tweens, not triggering timelines.

Obviously you can make it work, but I would not be surprised by strange behavuor with such a hack.

Nor would I spend time trying to track down anomalies with that method.

Using DMX to trigger timelines reminds me of an old adage,

'when all you have is a hammer, everything tends to look like a nail'

But with a GrandMA, you have more than just a hammer,

there are other useful tools in that toolbox, aka MSC.

From a GrandMA? Why and the world would you not use MIDI Show Control for that? But with a GrandMA, you have more than just a hammer,

there are other useful tools in that toolbox, aka MSC.

I Know. Of course I use MCS. It is a game show for money, and only the chief editor knows the correct answers. He sits in a individual room. No one on a FOH does not know the answers. Videos and light prescribed scenarios on right and wrong answers. Chief Editor pushes buttons midi controller korg nano control 2 which is connected to a laptop with an installed GrandMA on PC. Laptop sends signals to GrandMA light console. GrandMA light console in turn sends signals to WO Production. I also use a midi controller connected to the WO Production for my convenience.