invalid cen header bad signature , watchnet

francescodere

This error message indicates a corrupt ZIP file. How was it compressed? How large is the file?

I found a similar conversation with another customer a while back, here's a workaround and some comments related to that.

Desite the errors reported by the MacOS X 

zipinfo command line program, I was able to unzip it on my Mac. After re-zipping it on my Mac, I was then able to bring it into WATCHNET. Hence, it seems the zip is “wierd” in some way that WATCHNET doesn’t like. Since it seems the zip contains no files that need unicode encoding for their names, you may want to try another method for zipping it, such as the one built into Windows (just right-click and choose “Send to > Compressed (ZIP)”).

The BANDIZIP suggestion is a temporary solution anyway, and was nice since it supported unicode filenames and was free. But it seems it doesn’t generate entirely reliable ZIP files for large file collections (although it seems to work OK for smaller file sets).

Hope that helps.

Mike