WATCHOUT 6 - "Operating System Error: The Specified Module Not Found

AAlexander

Just got a new Watchout system up from my IT department. Upon trying to make a new show and import a .MOV file to use, I get the following error:

"From Video 'File_name_of_video.mov' of ObjTransferable, 2015-08-19 12:18:27 Operating system error: The specified module could not be found; DirectShow media error"

I was using these .mov files just fine on an WATCHOUT 5 machine, and was re-creating the shows on the 6 machine.

What can i do to use these files? I don't have time to re-render anything.

Cheers,

Adam

Hi Fredrik,

Unfortunetly due to the nature of what my files contain content wise, I cannot send you them for verification. What I will do is try to find or render a file I can send you, that I have tried to use in WO6 but gives me the same issue.

Also, this was a brand new, fresh install of WO6. Do you still suggest a re-isntall?

Unfortunately due to the nature of what my files contain content wise, I cannot send you them for verification. What I will do is try to find or render a file I can send you, that I have tried to use in WO6 but gives me the same issue. 

Understood. Please see what you can do. If you can send us a file which will display the issue we can give you an answer right-away.

Also, this was a brand new, fresh install of WO6. Do you still suggest a re-isntall?

No, then you're fine

(we have seen issues on some laptops migrating from 5 to 6, where the codecs did not install properly and you got a lot of errors trying  to play h.264)

Frank et All

I have resolved the issue with a re-installation of WO6. My IT guy let me know even though the computer was brand new with fresh installtion of WO6, it seems they had put WO5 on it previously, then upgraded. So this issue you have seen with migration from 5 to 6 on laptops, held true here. I can now use my files as i need.

Thanks for the insight, hope this thread points others to the right resolution if they experience the same thing.