Live Feed WATCHMAX

Pedro

Hi there again,

We have a new watchmax, and we are playing around with it. Now we are trying to connect a camera into it through HD SDI to test the live feed. I follow the instructions in the manual saying that I have to enable the Video In into WATCHPOINT, but this option appear disable (in light grey). Might be a drivers problem? In the device manager, I dont find any driver issue on it, so it looks that everything is fine. How can I resolve it?

Does the DVI Input work in the same way?

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Does the capture card appear in the Windows Control Panel - Hardware Manager List?

i.e. does the computer see the card in its expansion slot?

If it does not show up in hardware manager, installing a driver or restoring an archive is not going to fix it

and it probably has experienced shipping damage and needs to be returned for warranty service.

If it does show up in Windows Hardware Manager, and the watchpoint window mode menu for Video In is grayed out,

I would recommend restoring the entire computer from the Acronis archive included on the WATCHMAX.

Dataton assures me that WATCHMAX capture cards are tested with watchpoint and a live signal prior to shipment,

so it was working when it left the factory. As such, the properly configured driver is part of the archive,

so an Acronis restore should guarantee proper configuration of the capture card driver.

Hi there again,

We have a new watchmax, and we are playing around with it. Now we are trying to connect a camera into it through HD SDI to test the live feed. I follow the instructions in the manual saying that I have to enable the Video In into WATCHPOINT, but this option appear disable (in light grey). Might be a drivers problem? In the device manager, I dont find any driver issue on it, so it looks that everything is fine. How can I resolve it?

Does the DVI Input work in the same way?

Thank you.