Watchpax does not function if turned on with video device in standby state

Ivan Bichenko

Hello.

We use 5 Watchpax for our museum exhibition. We encounter the issue that distubs us a lot. If Watchpax is turned on (remotely or not) with not video output device present or in standby mode it shows black screen after the device is connected. Only a power reset can correct this issue. Remote reset does not help. The access to Watchpax's is very complex as they are mounted on the ceiling.

Could anything be done to resolve this problem?

Hi Ivan,

With WATCHPAX generation 1 (one output) you must have active adapters, which activate the graphical output even if it the screen/projector connected to it is powered off.

With WATCHPAX generation 2 (two outputs) the use of active adapters is optional but then the connected display device must be powered on at start-up time. If not the graphical output will not be activated.

I assume you are using WATCHPAX generation 2 so the solution for you is probably to connect active adapters on the WATCHPAX outputs to the screens/projectors.

Best regards
Dataton support /jme

I see, thank you.

I am using WATCHPAX generation 2

Another question. Assume Wathcpax was turned on with no outputs. It does not see any outputs. It dissapears from Watchout network. 

Then I power on the outputs.

Is it possible to retsart Watchpax remotely, so it recognises new outputs?  Because it is every time the ladder for me)))

I see, thank you.

I am using WATCHPAX generation 2

Another question. Assume Wathcpax was turned on with no outputs. It does not see any outputs. It dissapears from Watchout network. 

Then I power on the outputs.

Is it possible to retsart Watchpax remotely, so it recognises new outputs?  Because it is every time the ladder for me)))

Once WATCHPAX (original or 2) is powered on with no valid outputs connected,

it is in an error condition and will not accept IP commands for any further action.

So yes, once the unit is in error, the only solution is to pull power from the unit to restart it.

Two potential solutions.

1. Add EDID managers to all outputs and then the WATCHPAX will always

see a correct display load regardless of display state.

- or -

2. Add a remote control power switch controlled independent of the WATCHOUT stuff

and cycle power when needed via the remote power switch cycling.

Will the option of remote restart after "error condition" be added in future versions?

Remote restart already exists via the cluster command powerDown and Wake OIn LAN functions.

HOWEVER, when the error condition prevents watchpoint from functioning, that does not help much.