Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Offset: 000b0773
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Information 1: 0a9e
  Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3: 0a9e
  Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

According to the log, the crash is an "access violation" in the GDIPLUS Windows module, and not in WATCHOUT itself. Since this is not a general problem in WATCHOUT (i.e., you don't seem to be doing anything out of the ordinary from what I can tell), my guess is there's something wrong with the display driver configuration on the computer, and how it interacts with windows' GDIPLUS API.

You're stating the crash happens not when you open the Display Settings dialog box, but when you close it. Correct? Do you add the display using one of the presets on the menu, thus making it appear in the Stage window immediately. Or do you chose the "Other..." menu item, which displays the settings dialog box right away (i.e., before the display rectangle shows up in the Stage window)?

Mike 

Dear Mike :

Yes I add the display by selecting one of those presets and double-click the just added display from the "Stage" window to adjust its settings.

UI crashed when I close this settings window.

I also noticed this settings window do not have a OK button nor a CANCEL button at its bottom, is this correct? I enlarged this window by dragging it bigger but still no sign of those two buttons.

I also tried by the "Other..." menu item and put in all the necessary settings. I am currently do things this way.

If I double-click such display and close its pop-up settings window, UI will crash too.

Anthony

If I double-click such display and close its pop-up settings window, UI will crash too.

That's definitely not normal. As I have not encountered this myself. nor heard of anyone else, I have to suspect something's "different" with your computer. Since the error points at Windows' GDIPLUS subsystem, my best guess is something graphics or driver related.

I also noticed this settings window do not have a OK button nor a CANCEL button at its bottom, is this correct?

Yes, that's normal. The display settings dialog is now "modeless", meaning you can leave it open on screen whiule you continue working in other windows. This makes it easier to work with multiple display dialogs simultaneously (such as when tweaking geometry correction), and also allows it to be used as a "pre-viz camera" off to the side. Since it's now "just a window", it doesn't need the OK/Cancel buttons any more.

Mike

it is happening because your are windows 7 and watchout 6, for me the solution is run watchout 6 in windows 8.1 or run on windows 7 with lower the resolution, hope your problem will solved with this...

That is simply not true.

All WATCHPAX and WATCHMAX are Windows 7,

and I assure you they run all WATCHOUT 6 variants.

With regular' PCs, there are numerous successful systems

running Windows 7 and WATCHOUT 6.

More likely newer drivers optimized for Win 8

at the expense of Win 7 proper function.

You may have to investigate using older drivers with some hardware as a result.

Without more details/specs from fattoni, we can only guess at the cause.

I have WO5 and 6 Production on an old laptop with Celeron 1.2Ghz and Intel GMA-4500 on-board graphics card, laptop with Win 10 64-bit, desktops with Pentium 4 cpu with Win 7 32-bit, i7 4770K/4790K/5920K with Win 7 64-bit, and none of them have exhibited fattoni's problem.

One small problem I've had with my Win 10 laptop was not due to Win 10, but to the bloatware that the laptop's manufacturer installs on purchase. Every time I went 'offline' (Ctrl-L) from an online state, it made me wait 3 mins. Any action during the wait would show 'Watchout not responding' in the window title or crash Watchout Production. Solved with un-install of those bloatware. So, perhaps fattoni is using a laptop with bloatware too?

Another problem I've had (posted in another post) was wmv files being imported into Watchout's Media window as audio only, not video. Cause was not enabling the 'do not notify when a device is plugged into any of the audio input ports' under the Audio device's properties - mentioned in the Tweak list. So has fattoni tweaked his pc to the tweak list?

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone :

The crash was happened on my Late 2013 13" MacBook Pro with Intel Iris running Windows 7 SP1 64bit Home Premium Bootcamp.

Finally, I deleted the bootcamp partition and reinstall to a new clean Windows 7 OS with minimum software installed as needed.

With both Watchout v5.5.1,  v6.0 & v6.0.2, the above mentioned crash never show again.

I would say I bypassed the problem with work around instead of finding out what went wrong and fix.

I love to dig deeper but unfortunately I really need this notebook to do WO production work.

Last but not least, thanks a lot for all your helping hands,

Thanks again

Anthony