Need advice with Powerpoint, 8K and Watchout??

BeauJayce

Hello,

I am new to Dataton community and I am looking for the answer to one of my problem. One of my client has a requirement for PowerPoint presentation where the screen size for the event is of 8000 pixel by 3000 pixel.

Now if I make the presentation in powerpoint I know it is easy to achieve this resolution within PowerPoint but the watchout Engineer with whom I am working has told me that the maximum resolution output which you can take from a Windows laptop is 4k so we will have to scale the 4K output to match the 8k resolution and hence there is a possibility of the pixelation in the content.

How do I achieve this solution? Is there a possibility that I can take more than 4K output from Windows laptop or shall I make two powerpoint presentations both in 4K and then we can stitch using it in watchout?

I look forward to some help in this area.

10.0.0.0.1 192.168.1.254 happymod 

Thanks 

• Dataton Partner

Can your PowerPoint computer really play out a resolution of 8000 x 3000 px on one graphic card output?

I've some doubts here.

There are basically two ways to get live (external) content into WATCHOUT.

a) use a capture card
I doubt that there is a capture card on the market yet going beyond 4K/UHD.

b) try NDI
If you can force your PowerPoint computer to a resolution of 8000 x 3000px, you could try to send this over NDI. Have never tested such a resolution and can't test either since our computers do not support this resolution at all.

Using more than one output on the source side means looking for trouble. PowerPoint has no real synchronization built-in which would probably lead to some tearing between the captured inputs.

Wouldn't it make more sense to use WATCHOUT for all background graphics, videos etc. and PowerPoint just for the bullet points etc. which change minutes before the show?

you need 2 pc (has 4k output) for presentation and seperate power point two equal piece and also you need 2 4k capture card(or one capture card has two input)  to capture presentation and finally you need Cuelight Master Cue   its a remote controller that  you can control two presentation at the same time .i never try like that before in theory it must work .but i think too risky  because of synchronization 

• 4 months later...

A resolução máxima que o PowerPoint pode exportar é de 3072 pixels, com base na borda mais longa do slide.

From Google Translate

The maximum resolution that PowerPoint can export is 3072 pixels, based on the longest edge of the slide.

Edited by jfk
added translation