WO 5.5.2- working with 5k videos- error immediately after loading

pedroR

Hello,

I'm working on a videowall with 16 screens (4 computers x 4 screens).

I'm having issues loading 5k videos.

My theory after ~3h of debugging is related to the codec- using MOV's PhotoJPEG seems to crash the player, using MOV's PNG seems not to- but I haven't ruled out other issues.

So I have one question: MOV's PhotoJPEG versus MOV's PNG, do you have any prior experience regarding they working or not? (possibly the full name is not these ones).

Hello,

I'm working on a videowall with 16 screens (4 computers x 4 screens).

I'm having issues loading 5k videos.

My theory after ~3h of debugging is related to the codec- using MOV's PhotoJPEG seems to crash the player, using MOV's PNG seems not to- but I haven't ruled out other issues.

So I have one question: MOV's PhotoJPEG versus MOV's PNG, do you have any prior experience regarding they working or not? (possibly the full name is not these ones).

MOV's PhotoJPEG versus MOV's PNG will both perform poorly (and will not run at all on WATCHPAX)

because they use Apple's QuickTime decoder which is not optimized for modern Windows OS.

Any instability also traces back to Apple's code.

In v5.x.x, mpeg4 (includes h.264 exported from Quicktime as mp4) or mpeg2 would be the best choices.

My rule of thumb when using V5 is never stray from the original encoding guidelines:

http://forum.dataton.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=146

On Page 2 you will see (in red!) ProRes/PhotoJPEG/M-JPEG is NOT recommended for WATCHOUT playback

A lot of files will play on the production side, sometimes as a consequence of extra codecs installed along the way.So you can spend time programming in production then find when you connect to displays that they will not play the files, or will crash. But if you follow the encoding guidelines you can be sure of avoiding this.