Facility 34934 on Production

Benjamin Brostian

Hi - 

i´m using the lastest WO Version on 4 identical systems (hardwarewise and softwarewise absolut identic and used the same image).

On one of those two Production Computers i get the Error Facility 34934 as soon as i want to start a new WO show or open a show.

I need help for this - that´s a urgent problem!

By the way - Graphic card driver are all the same, Windows is all the same etc.

Thank you and please get this post online as soon as possible and reply with help.

Kind regards

Benjamin

Please edit this in the post i did before:

I had a look at the logfile

"severity" : "fatal", "message" . "Your computer doesn´t meet minimum system specifications. /nWatchout will now be terminated."

These are way more powerful machines than requested WO wise. 3 of these 4 machines are running properly and i do not see any "failure of any system device"
in the Device Manager.

Approve
Edit

All it takes is an improperly configured subsystem to see the "... doesn´t meet minimum system specifications. ..."

Have seen this when GPU DirectX hardware acceleration is set incorrectly.

Have also seen it when incorrect drivers are in place

(if a driver source is Microsoft, it is very likely an incorrect driver.)

The system facility error is a Windows error, not a WATCHOUT error.

I have been able to replicate the message 'Facility 34934' with one on my desktops with a Z87 motherboard/onboard graphics which uses the 'Windows Std VGA Graphics adapter/driver' under Windows 7 Pro. This occurs as soon as Watchmaker tries to load even a simple, basic .watch file.

On another desktop, a Z270, Watchout itself gives a warning that the graphics adapter is not up to specs, and certain features may not display, but proceeds to load the .watch file. This uses an 'Intel Basic Display Adapter' for the onboard graphics under Windows 10 Pro.

In both cases, reverting to the 3rd party AMD graphics card and drivers solved the problem.

My laptop, a Lenovo i5 uses the 'Intel HD Graphics Family' adapter and this seems to work fine with Watchmaker 6.x without having to point to the NVidia GeForce 840M in the laptop.

Benjamin,

You said :

"On one of those two Production Computers i get the Error Facility 34934 as soon as i want to start a new WO show or open a show.

By the way - Graphic card driver are all the same, Windows is all the same etc..."

Based on my tests, the 2 Production Computers are NOT using the same Graphics Adapter for Watchout if you get Facility 34934 on one and not on the other. To solve, go to Control Panel > Hardware & Sound > nVidia Control Panel on the problem pc, and set the nVidia gfx adapter as the default adapter for Watchmaker.exe. If the problem pc has no 3rd party graphics adapter, then you need a pc that does.