NDI Popping up when called in timeline, and best uses for NDI in watchout

caleidocane

Hi to all,

I've tried the NDI protocol for a recent installation the system consisted in: watchpax 4 server, and magwell sdi to ndi encoders or HDMI encoders, magwell also.

The NDI integration worked very well simple and robust. I've used a virtual display to have always the NDI input present. Then i called my virtual display with NDI in my task, i've noticed thta sometimes (quite randomly but mostly when not using a task for sometime) the NDI signal was coming in after some time when called the task. So I started the timeline with preroll and opacity 0 for 0.8 seconds and then faded in the virtual display ndi source. Is it normal? The Virtual display had always the signal in...

First question, is the signal NDI or NDI-HX? 

Placing a NDI media object on a virtual display does not activate the NDI stream until the virtual display is active on a timeline.

If you are not using standby, the best way to keep the NDI stream active is to place the NDI media item on a standby layer of the main timeline from 0.0 time to the end of the main timeline.