Motion sensor Device / Kinect motion sensor Device

bijayvidyarthi

Kinect is no longger available AFAIK. When you say "motion sensor", perhaps you're just talking "someone moving in front of a sensor" in general, rather than tracking some motion? if so, you may want to look at standard PIR sensors (infrared motion detectors). Although you can't connect such a sensor directly to WATCHOUT, you can do so through some kind of control system, such as PIXILAB Blocks.

Mike

Mike, you are right that Microsoft does not manufacture Kinect anymore. But they are dead cheap and available in volumes used. In Norway, in 2nd hand market you can buy a Xbox 360, with 5-10 games and Kinect for less than USD 100. :)

• 1 year later...
On 9/7/2018 at 9:20 AM, DavidA said:

Hi!

Here are a couple of files and a document from our old cookbook that shows how to use Kinect. 
I think all files are here. 

Best regards, 
David / Dataton

Kinect Input.pdf

Kinect.zip

KinectWO_src.zip

KinectWO.zip

Hi i´M WORKING WITH  6.3.1 WATCHOUT VERSION, I HAVE FOLLOWED THE STEPS YOU MENTION IN *PDF YOU HAVE POSTED ABOVE, AND IT´S NOT WORKING.

KINECT IT´S WORKING,OVER HIS APPLICATIONS, BUT NO WITH "kinectWO.exe" you have provided. i tried on production and in display computer, 

some idea?!!

Hi i´M WORKING WITH  6.3.1 WATCHOUT VERSION, I HAVE FOLLOWED THE STEPS YOU MENTION IN *PDF YOU HAVE POSTED ABOVE, AND IT´S NOT WORKING.

KINECT IT´S WORKING,OVER HIS APPLICATIONS, BUT NO WITH "kinectWO.exe" you have provided. i tried on production and in display computer, 

some idea?!!

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Please try to look Ni-mate appplication, you can connect kinect and mapping midi output from Ni-mate to Watchout, you can test Ni-mate demo version, I'm use Ni-mate pro version with other application but I'm sure it's can use with Watchout by midi protocol.

Kai