Issue: Blurry motion / frame blending?

RyanR

Hello, I'm running 6.2.1, and we are experiencing blurry motion, almost like a minor trailing ghost effect. The actual video file on a computer looks fine, but when it plays back through WO it looks bad/blurred. It's only fast motion. Still or slow motion is sharp.

• Video Specs: 3840x1493; 29.97 NDF (Tried Prores 422, PR LT, and HAP-Q). 
  • We're running 3 projectors. with two separate 3840x1493 video files. 

I've made sure to set the Hz to 29.97 Hz, saved the show file and restarted both the display and production computers. Turned off and double checked that there is no frame creation on our Panasonic RQ-32k. 

Any idea on where to look? 

• Dataton Partner

WATCHOUT has a setting for frame blending in each media cue. Double click onto the name of the media in the Media window. Due to it's nature, frame blending will always look a bit blurry. If your projectors can work with 29.97 Hz, you should turn the frame blending setting off. Unfortunately there is no global switch for this in the preferences, has to be turned off in each media.

BTW, the second setting there (hardware acceleration) only supports servers (WATCHPAX) built by Dataton.

12 hours ago, RBeddig said:

WATCHOUT has a setting for frame blending in each media cue. Double click onto the name of the media in the Media window. Due to it's nature, frame blending will always look a bit blurry. If your projectors can work with 29.97 Hz, you should turn the frame blending setting off. Unfortunately there is no global switch for this in the preferences, has to be turned off in each media.

BTW, the second setting there (hardware acceleration) only supports servers (WATCHPAX) built by Dataton.

Thanks for that. Following your instructions I un-checked frame blending. saved and restarted all computers and the issue is still present. Am I missing a step?

Also, we do have a Dataton display server built by them. So I'm assuming that the hardware acceleration box should be left checked.